Friday 16 January 2009

Maggie update

Sunny, beautiful, cold - temps minus 28

Balmy compared to yesterday. Went out to do the composing this morning in PJs and gloves - almost froze to death in the 2 minutes it took. Even the dogs don't want to go out.

Speaking of dogs, Maggie is doing magnificently. Almost totally adjusted to life with three legs. She's playing with her sister Trudy again and even running after the ball. I think she's feeling better than she has in 6 months or more. No pain. I have such respect for people who live with chronic pain - it must be exhausting.

Heard an unfamiliar sound downstairs just now...it's Michael on the new elliptical trainer. We're taking it slow. 5 minutes at a time. Don't want to over do it then either hurt ourselves or get discouraged. Important to set the bar at a reasonable height, at first. I do the same when I'm writing. The goal is 1,000 words a day, but I start slow. 250, then 500, then creep up to 1,000 so that I enjoy the process.

Have another day to look after details before we head out next week for 5 week - starting in Arizona then off to Quebec City. Have added 2 television interviews to the events in Arizona.

Take care, hope you're well.

2 comments:

frouch said...

Dear Louise,

You're right : chronic pain is exhausting. It steel your sleep, your appetite, your happiness, your life quality. But, through all that, it makes me appreciate even more the good moments I have. And one of them is to read you.

Thanks again for sharing your life with such talent. Say a big Hello to Maggie. I am so glad for her, and for you, because it must have been really hard to see her suffer.

Hope you'll enjoy your trip!

Louise XXX

Louise Penny Author said...

Hi Louise,

I don't know how you do it. And remain such a kind person...though I expect you have your 'moments' - wouldn't be human if you didn't. Horrible to be in pain all the time!

Maggie says 'hi' back.

Thank you.