Saturday 8 March 2008

haircuts for the radio

overcast, storm warning, temps minus 3

It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I had become too famous.
Robert Benchley


Did you know it's Daylight Saving Time? 2am tomorrow, March 9th. We set our clocks forward. This is my public service announcement for the day.

Am in Montreal. Didn't order pizza last night - quote a victory. Instead had pasta primavera and keylime pie. Yay!

Snowed last night, but this morning it's fairly clear. Forecast still calling for 35 cms of snow today. But tomorrow is supposed to be okay.

Had my hair done yesterday - new place. Very scary, escpecially just before the big American tour. Can just see them shaving my head, and me being too stunned or too polite to stop them. Happily people quite expect writers to be a little nuts, so there is leaway for a bad haircut or bad judgement.

Laptop all set up - coffee brewed - bowl of fruit by the computer. It's a writing day. I'm determined to get to the revelation before I heave tomorrow am.

I've asked Michael to do the blogs while I'm away since the scedule is very packed. Added a Vermont NPR radio interview for next week, in anticipation of the South Burlington Library event on the 19th...getting difficult to squeeze the events and interviews in. Good problem to have. When I first toured with STILL LIFE no one wanted to know about me. Things are changing. Probably the haircut.

I'll report in when I can, in the mean time - be well.

2 comments:

Hilary MacLeod said...

To quote you...."before I heave tomorrow..." Freudian slip...or, poetic licence? Perhaps it was just the key lime pie on top of that pasta....

Bon voyage

Louise Penny Author said...

Dear Hilary,

I'm still laughing from your quite correct comment! Just noticed it myself, laughed a little, then saw your comment! Beautiful.

Take care...and stand back.

Louise