Sunday 25 May 2008

The End

Sunny, gorgeous, temps 24

A perfectly brilliant day - the day I finished book 5!!!!!

THE BRUTAL TELLING is told. We saved it all over the place then I shut the computer before I was tempted to fine tune. Plenty of time for the major first edit when we get back in mid-June. for now - I'm on vacation!

I'm very happy with this book - and very happy it's over - at least the first draft. I realize the hardest work isn't the writing - which just requires discipline and determination. The hardest work is beating down the demons who say I can't do it.

Well, too late. It's done! When the time came I called Michael and I wrote, 'The' and he wrote, 'End'.

Perfect.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. What discipline you have to get it done. You must be feeling marvelous. Have a wonderful holiday.

Louise Penny Author said...

Dear Elizabeth,

you're such a kind and supportive person! Thank you. And I am feeling marvelous. Just need now to tell the mind to slow down and relax. But what a great feeling, in the last couple hours, when I start to think about the book then remind myself, I'm done.

You're wonderful - thank you.

Louise

Anonymous said...

Have a well-deserved break! Much congratulations!

Louise Penny Author said...

Dear Kay,

Thank you. Phew.