Friday 10 April 2009

Happy 75th Michael!

overcast, cool, temps plus 4

The big day is here! I wanted to write a quick blog since you've all been so kind and supportive...to say thank you to you!

We were talking this morning about how lucky we are. Michael is younger than when I met him 15 years ago. He's been extremely fortunate with his health and is as mentionally vigorous as ever - working on his book everyday. What a difference good health makes. But what an even bigger difference good attitude makes.

Doug, Mary and the kids arrived in Montreal at 1am...he called about 9am to give us an update. They should arrive down here any time. Michael's received so many lovely cards and phone calls and emails.

And this morning even the ducks and geese seemed to be celebrating. Must run off - a few things yet to do. Like get clothes on. Hope I don't forget that. One of my nightmares coming true...suddenly finding myself naked. And then a toilet appears in the middle of the room. Never mind.

thank you again for celebrating with us! Will tell you tomorrow how it went.

10 comments:

Martha said...

Happy birthday to Michael! Love and look forward to your blog. This southern girl feels like I know ya'll.

Jo B. said...

Do you think everyone has the nekkid dream? Or is that only a woman thing? Anyway, I hope you managed to get clothed before everyone arrived for the big celebration! Michael deserves a big one for his 75th!

London Kate said...

Happy Birthday Michael!

Have a wonderful party, hope you all have the greatest of great times.

Kate x

frouch said...

I hope you have a wonderful birthday, with friends, food, and a DRESSED women in the restaurant.

Louise XXX

P.S. : I am doing way better than what they expected. Can even type!

Bobbie said...

Very Dear and Very Young Michael,
HAPPY MICHAEL DAY!! Sorry this is late, life sometimes interferes as we know...but the wish is still very heartfelt. You and I have not met, but I totally respect and appreciate you, and very much wish you the best ever birthday!!!

Louise, and Michael, enjoy celebrating a wondrous life, and may every day be a celebration!

Bobbie

Louise Penny Author said...

Hi Martha,

Thank you for your birthday wishes!! I know how much Michael appreciates it. Sorry no blog yesterday - just too hectic. But there is a report today. So glad you're enjoying the antics of your Canadian family.

Louise Penny Author said...

Dear Jo B.,

I wonder about that too - the naked dream. But I'm sure it means we're beautiful, evolved, loving women with no fears at all. I'm also pretty sure gummi bears aren't fattening.

Louise Penny Author said...

Dear London Kate,

Thank you - it was magnificent. So filled with love. a perfect evening.

Louise Penny Author said...

Hi Frouch,

Yes! Against all odds, I found my clothes and they stayed on. To everyone's (not just my) relief.

And Louise and I talked about you and she gave me the happy update! Onward to total health.

Louise Penny Author said...

Dear Bobbie,

Michael read your message (as he has all the messages wishing him a happy birthday) and was very grateful to you...especially now creating the Bobbie Calendar in which we now celebrate Michael Day! He approves. And says thank you. He might write himself late but right now he's a little swamped writing thank yous to family and friends, and I did want to get back to thank everyone myself.