Friday 29 June 2012

Sacred places


sunny, hot, temps 30

Hi there - such a fun day....we're starting a photo contest.

As you might know, THE BEAUTIFUL MYSTERY is set in a remote monastery, so this got us thinking about sacred places. Churches, perhaps. But really places were you feel at peace. Calm and secure. Blissful even. People talk about the 'Third Place'. There's home. There's work. Then there's the Third Place, where your spirit lives, and thrives.

In anticipation of the launch of THE BEAUTIFUL MYSTERY on August 28th, I'd love to see a picture of your sacred place. We can create a sort of 'sacred and safe community.' I want to start it off by showing you one of mine...this is the view from my office. When I get tired, or discouraged, I step outside onto the verandah, take a deep breath in, a deep breath out, and let the peace wash over me. And I know that all will be well.

If you post a photo of your special place you might win a signed, framable, print of the cover of THE BEAUTIFUL MYSTERY. Here's the link (http://bit.ly/SpiritOfPlacePhoto).

If you follow it, there'll be step-by-step instructions on what to do. We want to make this easy. But - if you have any trouble, just let me know. Enjoy! And thank you for giving so much of yourself.

4 comments:

Daryl said...

I entered but I didnt see my entry show up ... I hope its just do to FB slow upload ...

Maureen Harrington said...

What a lovely idea, Louise. If I'm not too late I'll be posting mine.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

sattakingplaybazaar said...

play bazaar
satta king
play bazaar
Play bazaar
satta king nice tips