Friday 15 June 2012

Macavity nomination!

sunny, warm, temps 28

A perfect June day!

Now, I suspect you think I'm making all this up, at this stage (and part of me suspects the same thing!) but I heard late yesterday that A TRICK OF THE LIGHT has been nominated for the Macavity Award for Best Crime Novel in the US!

This is an award voted on by members of a fabulous couple of sites - Mystery Readers International and Mystery Readers Journal - and is one of the most coveted prizes. Thank you to everyone who voted for A TRICK OF THE LIGHT.

Here's the complete list of Best Novel nominees -

1222 by Anne Holt, translated by Marlaine Delargy (Scribner)
Claire DeWitt and the City of the Dead by Sara Gran (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz (Mulholland Books)
The Ridge by Michael Koryta (Little, Brown)
A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny (Minotaur)
The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey (Dutton)
Hell & Gone by Duane Swierczynski (Mulholland Books)

Makes a great reading list! Like the Anthony Award, the winner will be announced at Bouchercon, in Cleveland, in early October.

For more nominees - and great reading suggestions - here's a link to the fabulous Janet Rudolph's site, where it was announced:

http://mysteryreadersinc.blogspot.ca/2012/06/macavity-award-nominees.html

Congratulations to all the nominees!

5 comments:

Jeanine Cronin said...

Louise, this has certainly been an exciting week for you. And so well-earned! Congratulations. We are all cheering for you.

Colombine said...

OUF! QUELLE SEMAINE!

La jubilation doit ĂȘtre au rendez-vous chez vous...

Booklogged said...

I'm not surprised. I suspect the awards will just keep pouring in. Love your books.

I was wondering if you had smelled a rosewater/sandalwood cologne before adding that to the description of Gamache. Is there such a product out there that you know of. I would love to get some for my husband as I love sandalwood.

Arun said...

Anthony Horowitz is a great writer. I liked this pastiche. I am hoping that it wins the award :)

Check out my review .

Cheers!

sattakingplaybazaar said...

play bazaar
satta king
play bazaar
Play bazaar
satta king betting