Thursday 23 October 2008

Magna Cum Muncie

clear, mild, temps 60

We're in Muncie! Flights were terrific, of course good weather helped as did my asking for and getting the bulkhead seats on both flights. what a difference.

met at plane by the amazing Kathryn Kennison who created and runs Magna Cum Murder. Last September (07) she organized a tour of this area for Michael and me, so we got to know Kathryn and her husband Dick quite well, and really enjoyed their company. As we were about to leave I got a call from Kathryn asking me to be the Guest of Honor at this year's Magna. I couldn't say, yes' fast enough.

So here I am in their lovely and generous company. We also met two other Magna Cum Murderers (as kathryn calls people who come to her conference at Ball State University) at the airport, Billie and Kay, from Texas - two women who became best friends when they were neighbors 35 years ago, and have remained best friends. I envy them this loving relationship. Their husbands died within 10 days of each other, and when Kay sold her big home and build another she moved in with Billie. Then didn't want to leave. They lived toigether for 8 months- 3 months after the home was completed! Kay's now 81 and Billie's in her 70's.

We had an hour in the hotel this afternoon to relax then along with the other Guest of Honor, Sharon Randall, the six of us went out to dinner. Marvelous. They all had scallops and I had grilled tuna. Then we shared two desserts.

And now I'm back in the room, ready to crawl in to bed and call Michael and call it at day.

Sleep tight.

No comments: