Monday 30 May 2011

New winners are....

sunny, beautiful day. temps 26

Sitting on the balcony, writing this. It is a perfect day. No clouds. Not too hot. Not at all humid (which is quite unusual for montreal). Magnificent.

Spent the morning and into the afternoon writing. At a pivotal scene. I know, it seems I say so many are...but some are just intense and complex and difficult. And some are actually pivotal. This one is pivotal - thought strangely, not all the difficult to write. But I needed to go over it, and over it...making sure it all seemed, and sounded, perfectly natural. to the characters and to the story.

So far so good. Phew.

So - I didn't hear back from the two 'winners' - gave plenty of warning. So - I have chosen two more winners from those who entered the contest here on the blog and facebook - asking what you'd do, if you won the ARC - to promote A TRICK OF THE LIGHT.

The two new winners are:

Sarah McKenney
and
Meredith from Penelope Loves Lists

Now if I don't hear back from you by the end of the week, I'll choose yet another winner. This could become a new hobby!

Actually, I've already contacted Sarah - but Meredith, if you can write me at my website with your mailing address, that would be great. contact@louisepenny.com

Thank you!

Off to enjoy the sun!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm so excited! I've just emailed you my info directly.

Thanks1

Louise Penny Author said...

Hi meredith,

I got it, and the ARC will be off to you asap! Congratulations!

Ovidia said...

Congrats Sarah & Meredith, I'm Jealous all over again... when I get my copy I'm going to read it Twice!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Louise,

In your newsletter, you mentioned not knowing how Canadians can get e editons of your books. It's actually quite simple: you order from the online virtual store, in the Kindle category, or simply do a search by title and select the Kindle edition. One click, and it's automatically downloaded on your e-reader. I was able to pre-order A Trick Of The Light two weeks ago already.

I'm glad Meredith won! I came across her blod via yours and her entry, and had lots of fun browsing.

Best, d-

Susan Prince said...

OK, Louise Penny, I've succumbed to the siren song of your books. I just finished getting all of them as Audible books. It's been almost long enough so I can listen to them again ... a wonderful summer (or winter) treat. Very much looking forward to "A Trick of the Light;" It's my Audible book for August. And it's time to encourage my book group to read "Bury Your Dead." Such a fine book! Many thanks for your ongoing efforts. Susan in Northern CA

Kelly said...

Oh, I should have entered the contest! I am a librarian in Grand Rapids, Michigan and absolutely LOVE your books. I have been recommending them to patrons and colleagues alike:) Gamache is an amazing character and your descriptions of the area in and around Three Pines reminds me a lot of Michigan's Upper and Lower Peninsula. So glad another book is on the way!!